Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Christmas of 2010

Things have happened over the years that make you smile and then there are the times that make milk come out of your nose because you are laughing so hard.

My friend, Jim Sparks and his 2 children , Jimmy and Jillian, came down from Alexandria, MN for the holiday and we were going to the parents house for supper.

Mom was getting the mashed potatoes ready and Dad was sitting in his corner chair in the kitchen drinking coffee with Sparky and I when I noticed Jillian fascinated with Dads carbon fiber leg.  So I told her about the time when I found dad snoring in the living room and snuck up to him.  I unscrewed his ankle joint and turned his foot all the way around so it was pointing backwards.....when dad woke up and tried to chase after me, all he could do was run in circles.

Jillian looked me square in the eyes and with the most believing tone said reeeaally????  coffee and milk came out of my nose and grandma almost chocked on her teeth...

There are affidavits on file....

No comments:

Post a Comment